For all my social graces are awkward, I work really hard at them. I put a lot of effort into interpersonal stuff, and try really hard to be competent in my interactions with others.
|Still more popular than you|
What is WITH that?
I don't know, and some in depth research from the University of Googling Shit suggests it's a question many have asked and few have answered.
Here are my theories:
- They're not - it just looks that way to me because I'm so down on myself and my own wobbly little social network
- The have something else - industry connections, a rich daddy, or a tendency to shout free drinks for everyone in a 20-foot radius - that makes them worth hanging around despite their behaviour
- They treat people differently, so their friends see a different side of them than others do
- Their behaviour isn't that bad, I'm just a sensitive special sooky snowflake
- Their friends are as fucked up as they are
- They don't have friends so much as an audience keen to see what outrageous thing they do next, because a lot of people love a bit of drama and conflict
- At any given moment they have a load of friends or hangers-on, but it's a constantly changing series of short-term buddies rather than long term meaningful relationships
- The world's a really weird place, and it's about time I accepted I really don't understand it.