So, what to do when you're spoonless?
These are some things that work for me. They won't work for everyone, and no doubt there are some good ones that I haven't stumbled across. I'd really like to hear yours as well... points to comments box
- A hot shower (not bath)
- A cup of tea (by myself - this is about the tea itself, not socialising)
- Sleep! Either a full night's sleep or a nap, depending on the circumstances.
- Losing myself in a favourite activity - reading, sorting buttons, watching one of my favourite shows. A timer can help if I'm worried about losing track of time and staying up too late, eating into my much-needed sleeping time
- Doing something simple but constructive (shredding some paper for the recycling, for instance) so that I feel like I have some modicum of control over some part of my life, at least
- Time out. Just doing nothing. Sitting. Stimming. Daydreaming.